Monday, October 15, 2007

Lost

What I can't, is looking at photographs. It hasn't always been like that. But the last few years it started (from getting this vague, melancholic pain flowing into a sharp scratch on an already wounded soul), and it slowly got worse. So these days, I can't even look at a certain photo without having this like automatic need to curl up, shiver, cry, wanting to dissappear, far, far away...

At this moment, I know I am at an alarming state in that matter, 'cause I noticed that the only two photo's in a frame that I've got, I have turned around. So all I see is the back of it. I can see they're still there, but I cannot face them. Literally. I cannot see their faces. The pain is too deep, the guilt is killing me, and I cannot find the right words to tell myself it's going to be alright. Whatever I do, there is no sense, no real sense, to explain why this all happened, how it got this far, and for which benefit it was needed.

So I feel waisted. I feel lost.

Have I waisted most of my years? And have I waisted most of my precious time with them? Have I lost many opportunities in my life? And did I loose some of the most important moments with them? Have I lost the chance of being there for, and with, them?

I usually have no trouble coming up with some sort of solution, clever statement or what have you. Not that I always have the wisdom of putting words into action in matters on my personal, emotional state. But like I said, I can't even find the proper words now, let alone doing something with their meaning.

I feel lost. And fear that I am.

J

3 comments:

Marja said...

See you're going through a period of loss Josie. That's very hard to deal with. I think however it was never a waisted time. I believe we go through things for a reason. But that's just me. Wish you all the best.

Jo said...

Thanks Marja, I think you're right, but it isn't always "easy" to do. But comments like this, definitely make a difference!

I don't really go into detail here on the site, that, at the moment, doesn't feel right. But if you have questions, you can always mail me... thanks again!

Marja said...

Hi Josie ik kon je email niet vinden, maar als je er over wilt mailen ik ben goed in luisteren. Mijn nederlands begint een beetje te vervallen. Mijn email is marja.blom@gmail.com In ieder geval sterkte. Ben je nederlands of officieel engels. Je engels is zo goed.